Webinar to Launch New Institute for Women’s Policy Research (IWPR) Report: Advancing Women in Manufacturing: Perspectives from Women on the Shop Floor
Co-hosted with the AFL-CIO
Tuesday, March 28, 2023; 12:00 Noon ET
As the nation invests in infrastructure, clean energy and domestic production of new technologies, America’s manufacturing industry is poised for significant growth. Will women share equally in this expansion? And how do women in the manufacturing sector today feel about their jobs and what barriers do they see to true equality?
A new report by IWPR, “Advancing Women in Manufacturing: Perspectives from Women on the Shop Floor,” shows that many women are indeed thriving in the manufacturing sector, but that they remain underrepresented in the industry as a whole and particularly so in high paying production jobs.
Please join IWPR, the AFL-CIO, and a host of industry speakers as they explore the experiences of women in the manufacturing industry, the challenges they face, and policy solutions from apprenticeship to child care that that can help women access good paying manufacturing jobs.
Invited webinar speakers include:
- Latifa Lyles, Special Assistant to President Biden for Gender Policy;
- Leeann Foster, United Steelworkers;
- Ariane Hegewisch, Institute for Women’s Policy Research;
- Lark Jackson, Chicago Women in the Trades’ National Center for Women’s Equity in Apprenticeship and Employment;
- Zoe Lipman, AFL-CIO Industrial Union Council;
- Alexandra Patterson, Home Grown; and
- Shana Peschek, Machinists Institute
- Anna Ritchey, International Association of Machinists