The Institute for Women’s Policy Research, Ascend at the Aspen Institute, and Imaginable Futures invite you to join a webinar highlighting the importance of understanding and prioritizing the needs of college students with children during the ongoing pandemic and in the following period of recovery. Student parents face heightened financial insecurity that makes them particularly vulnerable to the current economic downturn and unprecedented spike in unemployment. As colleges, service providers, policymakers, and advocates prepare relief and recovery measures, the unique needs of students with children must be considered to ensure they are supported now and in the coming months and years, as student parent enrollment in higher education is likely to increase in response to the economic recession.
Hearing from a series of speakers who serve student parents, as well as a student parent currently navigating the effects of the pandemic, participants will gain insight into the factors they must consider to adequately support student parents and their children now and in the coming months. The webinar will also provide time for participants to ask questions of the speakers and each other, creating a space for sharing innovations and lessons for supporting student parents in crisis.
- Anne Mosle, Executive Director of Ascend, Vice President of Aspen Institute
- C. Nicole Mason, Ascend Fellow and President & CEO, Institute for Women’s Policy Research
- Jesus Benitez, Ascend Parent Advisor & Mentor Coordinator, CUNY Fatherhood Academy
- Mark Mitsui, President, Portland Community College
- Nicole Lynn Lewis, Founder & CEO, Generation Hope
- Institute for Women’s Policy Research
- Ascend at the Aspen Institute
- Imaginable Futures