November 29 is #GivingTuesday—the year’s biggest single day of giving. People around the world will engage in collective action to support the organizations and causes they care most about.
At IWPR, we are on the frontlines of the fight to win economic equity for women—shaping national- and state-level policies and informing conversations about pay equity, childcare, paid sick and family medical leave, and more. When you give to IWPR today, you help in the effort to close the wage gap and bring pay equity to our communities.
As the economy slowly recovers from the COVID-19 “she-cession” we know that the future of work will look radically different for women.
We invite you to read our latest study, “Gender and Racial Wage Gaps Persist as the Economy Recovers” which found that:
- The difference between the median earnings of men and women for all full-time workers is 23.1%.
- Based on the historical rate of progress, women will not reach pay equity for another 38 years, in 2059!
- The gender wage gap is even wider for women of color, with Latina’s gender wage gap increasing to 53.6 percent, Black women increasing to 63.7 percent, and Asian women increasing to 86.0 percent!
Your gift today helps support the power of bold ideas and research that accelerate change in the lives of working women, families, and whole communities. Will you join us in this work?
Each gift received today will be matched dollar for dollar by a generous matching gift sponsor!
Here are ways you can help:
- Make a one-time donation or set up a recurring donation to IWPR by visiting our donation page. (Need inspiration? Any gift helps, but consider donating $23 to recognize the 23.1% gender wage gap.)
- Create a fundraiser for IWPR and help us reach our goal of raising $2,059 in one day (representing the year women will reach pay equity!)
- Post your own #GivingTuesday selfie on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, letting your friends and followers know why IWPR’s research is important to YOU.
- Like, retweet, and share our social media posts so that more people see the credible, fact-based information our researchers produce.
- Join IWPR’s Information Network to receive our emails that feature the latest research on economic security for women. Our Research News Roundup compiles the best publicly available research on gender research in the last month.
With your support, IWPR can look toward the future and find more ways our research can help women and their families. Please consider donating this #GivingTuesday in whatever capacity you can. We appreciate the continued and growing support over the past 30 years from each person who reads our publications, emails, press coverage, social media updates, and blog posts like this one. We thank you for assisting in IWPR’s ability to remain the leading women-focused think tank in the United States.
Together, we can help expand opportunities for all women.
If you have any questions about IWPR’s work or #GivingTuesday please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.