Wednesday, April 10th, 2019
4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Join us for a discussion followed by reception
American University, Washington College of Law
4300 Nebraska Avenue NW
On April 10, the Embassy of Belgium, American University’s Washington College of Law, and the Institute for Women’s Policy Research will organize the launch of Belgium’s Deputy Prime Minister Alexander De Croo’s book, “The Age of Women: Why Feminism Also Liberates Men.”
In the book, Deputy Prime Minister De Croo makes the case for more gender equality in the workplace and society as a whole. The book was already presented in Brussels, in London and recently at SXSW 2019 in Austin, Texas. Deputy Prime Minister De Croo is one of three co-founders of the global She Decides movement.
- Phumzile Mlambo-Ngucka, UNWomen Executive Director and former Deputy President of South Africa
- Melanne Verveer, US Ambassador for Global Women’s Issues
- Sandie Okoro, Senior Vice President & General Counsel of the World Bank
- Kakenya Ntaiya, Founder of the Kakenya Center for Excellence
- Heidi Hartmann, President, Institute for Women’s Policy Research
The event will be open to students, diplomats, and the international policy community here in DC, and will be followed by a reception.
Registration is free, but required
For further information: Office of Special Events & Continuing Legal Education, 202.274.4075 or firstname.lastname@example.org.